The Amherst County Museum and Historical Society has just published a book of reprinted articles from several older newsletters.
This 45 page booklet is an ideal stocking stuffer! The first of a series, this one focusses on the area in and around the community of Clifford. Copies are now on sale for $4.50 (plus tax) at the Museum, or by may be purchased by mail.
The following articles are included:
- A Saga of Summerhill, a four part series about the Moss/Claiborne family home, by Charles Hamble
- Skirmish on the Tye, a Civil War story, by Charles Hamble and Michael Morell
- Remembering Walnut Hill, based on an oral memoir of Sallie and Evelyn Eubank, by Rosemary Dunne
- New Glasgow and Clifford, also by Rosemary Dunne
- The Night the Stars Fell on New Glasgow, the classic story of the 1833 Leonid meteor shower, as told by a lifelong resident of Clifford, Ella McGinnis Hanson
- Jefferson in Amherst County, by William McLeRoy, tells of Jefferson's early legal career as practiced in Amherst County