Our Museum gift shop stocks publications and items focusing on Amherst County and the surrounding area.
Below is a partial list of the books and items we have available; please contact the museum for a complete listing. Please be aware that we may have limited supplies or be temporally out of stock for some books or items.
For Gift Shop Order Form with pricing, ordering instructions and shipping costs, please click here. PDF form.
Back in our Gift Shop - Elijah Fletcher Vermont Schoolmaster to Virginia Planter - $5.00. See order form for ordering information.
A must have - Amherst County by the Alphabet coloring book!
This coloring book was given to all elementary school children in Amherst County and is now for sale in our gift shop.
$3.50 plus tax (and shipping if a mail order). Please contact the Museum at 434-946-9068 to purchase.
Books and Items Available:
- Amherst County Families and History
- Elijah Fletcher From Vermont Schoolmaster to Virginia Planter
- Sunday Drives by Margaret Meyer and Ann Rucker
- Miss Christine's Monroe
- In the Shadow of Tobacco Row Mountain
- Amherst: From Taverns to a Town, Hard cover
- Amherst: From Taverns to a Town, Soft cover
- A Bittersweet Story, by Carolyn Tyree Feagans
- Strangers in Their Midst, revised edition
- From Days Gone By
- Amherst Men in Gray
- Gravestone Inscriptions in Amherst County
- Amherst County Story
- There is a Season, by Carolyn Tyree Feagans
- Daisy Williams of Sweet Briar, by Ann Whitley
- Ghost Stories and Mysteries of Sweet Briar, by Ann Whitley
- The Upper James Atlas, pub. by Va. Canals & Navigation
- The James River Batteaux Festival Trail, pub. by Va. Canals & Navigation
- All Around the Circle, by the Amherst Woman's Club
- Hogtown: Memories of Madison Heights, Virginia, by Charles Stinson
- The Canal On the James
- Miniature: Amherst County High School
- Miniature: The Train Depot at Monroe
- Miniature: Briar Patch Restaurant (Circa 2002)
- Miniature: The Amherst Public Library
- Three Amherst Schools (DVD)
- 1864 Confederate Engineers' map of Amherst County. (Extra postage)
- Michael Crabill Land Patents: Amherst Co. Map Large, Amherst Co. Map Small and Nelson Co. Map. Also available the Stage Road Map. Special Order, please see order form.